ANC 4A JULY 2021 MEETING MINUTES
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th Edition, §48, page 468, the minutes of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4A are a record of the actions taken by the Commission, not a record of what people said during the meeting. Accordingly, comments made by commissioners or members of the public will not be recorded in detail in the minutes.
The meeting was held virtually through Zoom. Chair Singleton called the meeting to order at 7:03pm. A quorum was present, including the following Commissioners:
• Phyllis Green, 4A01
• Stacey Lincoln, 4A02
• Stephen Whatley, 4A03
• Patience Singleton, 4A04
• Candace Nelson, 4A06
• Marlene Moss, 4A07
• Pavan Khoobchandani, 4A08
1. Approval of Administrative Matters (Agenda, Minutes, and Consent Agenda)
a. Approval of the agenda as amended was moved by Commissioner Nelson and seconded by Commissioner Green. Approved 7 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions.
b. Approval of the June 2021 meeting minutes was moved by Commissioner Khoobchandani, seconded by Commissioner Moss. Approved 7 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions.
c. Approval of the Quarterly Financial Report for Q3 2020, Q4 2020, Q1 2021, and Q2 2021 was moved by Commissioner Whatley, seconded by Commissioner Lincoln. Approved 7 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions.
2. Community concerns – Residents/Commissioners raised comments/concerns including the following:
a. DDOT will be hosting Open Street again this year on October 2, 10am to 3pm
3. Non-Consent Calendar Resolutions and Letters:
a. ANC 4A letter to ABRA dated July 15, 2021 regarding ABRA Application #112422 (Qategna, Inc). Moved by Commissioner Singleton, seconded by Commissioner Green. Approved 7 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions.
b. Resolution #4A-07-13-21-01 - Requesting Installation of Speed Humps on 18th Street NW, Quincy Street NW, and Argyle Terrace NW in Crestwood. Moved by Commissioner Khoobchandani, seconded by Commissioner Moss. Approved 7 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions.
c. Grant Application for Crestwood Citizens Association for $1000 for doggie waste bags. Moved by Commissioner Khoobchandani, seconded by Commissioner Nelson. Approved 7 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions.
4. Presentations and Reports
• Christopher Powell (DC Recovery Unity Alliance) and Alisa Molyneaux of Emory Beacon Of Light presented regarding how to support neighbors with substance abuse issues.
• Commissioner Whatley mentioned a special SMD meeting on July 21, 2021 from 7-8:30pm on Zoom with Toll Brothers regarding the development of townhouses at Walter Reed at the intersection of Georgia Ave. NW and Fern St. NW.
• Commissioner Nelson mentioned rat control abatement on the 1200 block of Rock Creek Ford Road NW.
• Commissioner Singleton mentioned that the Attorney General is suing the owners of multifamily properties on Somerset and Sheridan St. NW for unsafe conditions, and noted that there is no SMD Commissioner for that area.
• Commissioner Lincoln mentioned an upcoming Georgia Avenue cleanup.
A motion to adjourn was moved and seconded. It passed without objection. The meeting was adjourned at 8:16pm.